The following are the key things you need to do once you have been issued administrator access to Class Super:
- Read the Class Super Getting Started section in the User Guide
- Enter all your business contact details (under Business > Business Details)
- Confirm business settings (under Settings)
- Request any additional users to be set up (email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and email of the individuals who need access)
- Determine the tax agent and set up ELS (SMSF annual returns) and AUSKEY (BAS lodgement) -see below
- Establish your default report packs
- Transition your first fund. We recommend completing a Transfer Form via our website. We will use the first transition to show you how to easily transition your SMSFs to Class - so pick a fund with a variety of investments if possible.
- Complete the Class Super online training modules. You can register for the live training modules here: Class Training Registration
If you are a client of Superfund Wholesale under the SMSF Business Incubator solution, your business must act as the tax agent. Superfund Wholesale can only act as a tax agent where we are also undertaking administrative work on your behalf.
We recommend that you lodge all SMSF annual returns and BAS/IAS via Class Super. Although there is the ability to export / import or manually re-enter SMSF annual return information into other software programs for lodgement, we strongly advice against this as you will loose a significant amount of time and efficiency that Class provides.
Where your business will be lodging tax returns via ELS in other software programs such as MYOB, HandiTax, Xero etc, it is highly recommended that you establish a Sub-Branch Number and register separate ELS credentials that will be stored and updated in Class.
Class has put together a comprehensive article in their User Guide here which you need to read:
If you decide not to follow the above instructions, you will need to manually update your ELS password every time it is updated. Juggling these credentials is difficult and not recommended.
It can take up to 6 weeks for the Tax Practitioners Board to issue the new branch number, and another few weeks for the ATO to issue the ELS credentials - so we recommend you get this process started immediately!
If your business will only be lodging SMSF returns via Class, then you can store your single set of default ELS credentials in Class.